On March 11th, 2014, Yahoo! Search ran a campaign in which 10 yen was donated
to the general donation fund established by the recognized charity
Great East Japan Earthquake Recovery Initiatives Foundation for each person
who searched for the keyword "3.11" using Yahoo! Search from the Yahoo! JAPAN homepage.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the project,
we were able to total 2,568,325 unique browser searches
and donated 25,683,250 yen.
Yahoo! Search would like to express our sincere appreciation to everyone
who showed their support for Tohoku through this project.
We hope you will join us in continuing to show support
for the brave souls rebuilding Tohoku.
- Great East Japan Earthquake Recovery Initiatives Foundation
- Great East Japan Earthquake Recovery Initiatives Foundation is a recognized charity that worked with government, educational institutions, and non-profits in order to build an environment for the surviving children of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami where they can learn, play, and dream of a bright future.
- >Official Facebook page
- In regards to the donation:
- - Searches for the keyword "3.11" executed from Japan time (Standard Time +0900 UTC) 12:00 PM midnight March 10th to 11:59 PM March 11th (Standard Time 15:00 UTC March 10th to 14:59 UTC March 11th) will be counted towards number of searches. Searches performed outside this period will not be considered eligible.
- - Related keywords such as "March 11" "March 11th" etc. will not be counted towards the search total.
- - The results regarding number of searches will be posted on this site on March 12th (Japan time). The donation is expected to take place in April.
- - Only searches executed from Yahoo! JAPAN (https://search.yahoo.co.jp/) will be considered eligible.